[Spice-devel] Spice status

Marc-André Lureau marcandre.lureau at gmail.com
Thu May 14 12:08:06 UTC 2020

Hi

On Thu, May 14, 2020 at 1:06 PM Roland Sassen <sassen at thinsia.com> wrote:

> can you please give me a short update about Spice?
>
> 1    status quo
> 2    roadmap
> 3    how many people work on the project

It's not easy to answer such question, but it's an open-source project.

You may have a measure of the work being done by looking at the gitlab
pages/issues, mailing list activity and the git repository statistics.

https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/spice

4    support for mobile phones

Clients exist on Android. I am not aware of MacOS solution.

I am not aware of remoting a phone UI either.

> 5    video from mobile phones

What do you mean? Playback of video on mobile phones should work. Recording
of video isn't probably possible, since afaik the only solution with Spice
today is to use USB passthrough.

--
Marc-André Lureau