[Spice-devel] Windows 10 VDAgent incompatible with "hidden" KVM?

Ian Pilcher arequipeno at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 14:47:13 UTC 2020

On 9/25/20 2:34 AM, Frediano Ziglio wrote:

>>     <kvm>
>>       <hidden state='on'/>
>>     </kvm>
>>
>> Without this flag, the NVIDIA drivers refuse to load in a virtual
>> machine, giving a "Code 43" error.
>>

> Do you know what this flag is doing?

The only documentation that I've been able to find is on the libvirt
site:

   https://libvirt.org/formatdomain.html

All it says is "hide the hypervisor from standard MSR based discovery."

On reflection it's entirely possible that its the NVIDIA drivers them-
selves that are breaking things, and the breakage only shows up when the
flag is set, because the drivers don't run without the flag.

A bit of testing shows that this is the case.  As soon as I disable the
P1000 in Device Manager, my mouse begins working.  In fact, I can
re-enable the P1000, and the mouse continues to work.  It's acting like
it's some sort of ordering issue.

And as a further test, stopping and starting the agent while the GPU is
enabled causes the mouse to stop working again.  It definitely seems
that NVIDIA driver "grabs" the mouse if it starts/runs before the agent.

> Can you post the agent logs when it's not working?

Where are the agent logs stored?