[Spice-devel] FIXME advice

Jeremy White jwhite at codeweavers.com
Fri Apr 2 17:54:35 UTC 2021

Hi Peter,

Do you have any profiling or any evidence that suggests that this is a
cause for a slow down?  When I wrote that FIXME, it was a theoretical,
possible problem, not a certain one.  I don't know that it would be
worth changing without evidence of a problem.

As far as understanding this specific code, your best bet is to spend
some time with debugging on and watching messages flow.  It's likely a
bit more than you need, but probably would be helpful to read the
protocol documentation:
   https://www.spice-space.org/spice-protocol.html

Also, if you're not really comfortable with Javascript and network
protocols, this may be a challenging bug to address.

Cheers,

Jeremy