[Spice-devel] Fedora 34 guests can no longer paste from host

Marc-André Lureau marcandre.lureau at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 10:21:25 UTC 2021

Hi

On Tue, Apr 20, 2021 at 1:56 PM Germano Massullo <germano.massullo at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Good day, I always used with success a Fedora 33 KDE host (qemu/kvm/libvirt+virt-manager) and a F33 KDE guest, and I have always been to copy paste from host to guest and viceversa
>
> Now I tested two Fedora 34 Beta guests:
> - KDE spin
> - Workstation (GNOME)
> and both of them fail to paste text and files from the host. spice-vdagent version is the same on both F33 and F34 guests: 0.21.0. Host machine has spice-gtk3-0.39-1.fc33.x86_64
> All machines mentioned in this bugreport are Xorg based.
>
> Hereunder I attach output of
> $ SPICE_DEBUG=1 virt-viewer --connect qemu:///systemhttps://germano.fedorapeople.org/bugreport/spice/spice_debug.txt

I think the main hint is:

../src/channel-main.c:1590 agent connected: no

I did a quick f34 beta VM check (GNOME), a few days ago. I also
reached a similar situation at some point, but it was gone before I
could understand the reason (probably after update & reboot).

Either it was fixed elsewhere or we will have to investigate further
if it happens randomly.

Anyway thanks for the report

# virsh dumpxml
fedora34gnomehttps://germano.fedorapeople.org/bugreport/spice/virsh_dumpxml.txt