[Spice-devel] No mouse with nvidia driver (spice-vdagent not working)

Victor Toso victortoso at redhat.com
Mon Aug 23 15:34:32 UTC 2021

Hi,

On Mon, Aug 23, 2021 at 05:14:00PM +0300, ole-krutov at yandex.ru wrote:
> - nvidia vGPU with proprietary driver is the only video
> adapter.

This is a know issue. NVIDIA driver does not provide a guest
cursor. You can probably verify it with VNC too.

The proper fix is to NVIDIA implement this feature, otherwise all
we have is workarounds.

You can try running a spice-gtk based client like remote-viewer
with SPICE_DEBUG_CURSOR=1 as that might give you something
rendered in the client side.

You could also try to set "HWCursor" "off" in the xorg
configuration file.

> - spice-vdagent v.0.20 and qemu-guest-agent are installed.

You should try v0.21 as I recall people were doing work around
testing NVDIA and Wayland based systems, although I can't
pinpoint something that would fix the logs I see.

Cheers,
Victor