[Spice-devel] No mouse with nvidia driver (spice-vdagent not working)

Uri Lublin uril at redhat.com
Mon Aug 23 17:38:54 UTC 2021

Hi,

What Victor said but also more below.

On Mon, Aug 23, 2021 at 6:34 PM Victor Toso <victortoso at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Aug 23, 2021 at 05:14:00PM +0300, ole-krutov at yandex.ru wrote:
> > - nvidia vGPU with proprietary driver is the only video
> > adapter.
>
> This is a know issue. NVIDIA driver does not provide a guest
> cursor. You can probably verify it with VNC too.
>

> The proper fix is to NVIDIA implement this feature, otherwise all
> we have is workarounds.
>
> You can try running a spice-gtk based client like remote-viewer
> with SPICE_DEBUG_CURSOR=1 as that might give you something
> rendered in the client side.

Yeah, it's the same for VNC.
Recently a command line option was added to virt-viewer/remote-viewer for
VNC.
https://gitlab.com/virt-viewer/virt-viewer/-/merge_requests/78

> You could also try to set "HWCursor" "off" in the xorg
> configuration file.
>
> > - spice-vdagent v.0.20 and qemu-guest-agent are installed.
>
> You should try v0.21 as I recall people were doing work around
> testing NVDIA and Wayland based systems, although I can't
> pinpoint something that would fix the logs I see.

I think the problem is not with spice-vdagent, but that SPICE gets no
cursor data from NVIDIA.

What qemu-kvm command line option do you use for connecting with the NVIDIA
GPU ?

Uri