[Spice-devel] Compression parameters in images

Uri Lublin uril at redhat.com
Wed Jan 27 16:00:18 UTC 2021

On 1/27/21 8:39 AM, alireza kahdoyee wrote:
> Hi dear friend
>
> I am working on the connection between the spice client and the spice server and I
> do not have information about the parameters below the to know the exact settings. >
>
> image-compression
>
> jpeg-wan-compression
>
> zlib-glz-wan-compression
>
> I searched the internet a lot, but I did not find the exact information. If possible, send
> me a good document about this or help me.
>
> Thank you🙂

Hi,

You can find more information at the "Image Compression" section of the
spice-user-manual.
https://www.spice-space.org/spice-user-manual.html

Also "man qemu-kvm" provides some information:

image-compression=[auto_glz|auto_lz|quic|glz|lz|off]
     Configure  image  compression  (lossless).
     Default is auto_glz.

jpeg-wan-compression=[auto|never|always];
zlib-glz-wan-compression=[auto|never|always]
     Configure wan image compression (lossy for slow links).
     Default is auto.

Uri.