[Spice-devel] centos+kvm+nvidia vgpu+win10(guest) spice remote 4K bad perform.

Uri Lublin uril at redhat.com
Thu May 26 19:28:20 UTC 2022

Hi Leo,

On Thu, May 26, 2022 at 4:28 PM 张伟华 <15529316683 at 163.com> wrote:

> Hi Uri:
> Thanks for your advise of our project.We have try it and here is something
> we find:
> 1.we have deploy the spice-streaming-agent in the client and set H254 in
> libvert xml , applice report error and don't work.
> but vp8/vp9 works.

Note that spice-streaming-agent needs to run on the guest.

> 2.When we use Nvidia vgpu as a mdev device attach to the virtual mathine, *we
> find in logs that spice use picture compress (glz) instead of vedio
> compress h254.*
> So we have two question to ask:
> 1.what we need to do in libvert xml to have a better vedio quality witH
> NVIDIA VGPU attach as a mdev divice?

This is not done in libvirt domxml, but needs to be configured on the guest.
(of course you need to have org.spice-space.stream.0 via libvirt)

Make sure that the guest's gstreamer1 "knows" the codec.
It works much better when the encoder uses the hardware to encode.

gst-inspect-1.0 | grep 264  | grep -i enc
gst-inspect-1.0 | grep -i vp  | grep -i enc

> 2.We didn't find spice-streaming-agent for windows in Spice office site.
> Does spice-streaming-agent only support linux and only have linux version?

Yes, currently there is only a linux version.

Regards,
    Uri.

ps: One single display  and 4k video is required as one of the main goals