[Spice-devel] typo in code on How to Build page

Patrik pmoravek at gmail.com
Fri Apr 28 07:55:14 UTC 2023

Hi, just wanted to let you guys know there is a typo on this page: https://www.spice-space.org/osx-client.html

Currently is:

sudo xcode-select --switch /Applications/Xcode.app/ContentsDeveloper

Should be:

sudo xcode-select --switch /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer
How to build
The MacOSX client uses the jhbuild <https://wiki.gnome.org/action/show/Projects/Jhbuild> moduleset provided by the gtk-osx <http://www.gtk.org/download/macos.php> project. This repository <https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/spice/spice-jhbuild/tree/osx> contains an additional moduleset to build the needed SPICE modules. The OSX client is based on remote-viewer (as the Windows client).

Prerequisite
Before using it, you need to install XCode. I'm using XCode 4.3.3 for Lion. After installing it, I had to run the command below to setup everything as expected:

sudo xcode-select --switch /Applications/Xcode.app/ContentsDeveloper
If you want to build spice-gtk from git (the default moduleset is building it from tarballs), you also need the Perl module Text::CSV. To install it you can run:

thanks

Patrik