[stsf] STSF, XST and Xft/XST-bridge status ?

Sat Jun 5 09:48:17 PDT 2004

Roland Mainz wrote:
> Did you made any tests with the KDE desktop yet
> (http://www.blastwave.org/ has KDE packages for Solaris/SPARC... but I
> am not sure right now whether they include support for Xft...) ?

I actually have KDE on my laptop since I inherited it from a KDE user,
and have logged into it once and it seemed to work, but I haven't looked
to see if it was using Xft/STSF.  I'll try it again at some point, but as
I'm sure you can understand, our top priority right now has to be GNOME,
especially the version provided in the Java Desktop System, since that's
what's paying our bills.  (Not just GNOME of course - we've been testing
lately with Mozilla 1.7 as well.)

	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith at sun.com