[Swfdec] Compiling swfdec without GTK

Benjamin Otte otte at gnome.org
Sat Jul 7 04:37:07 PDT 2007

On 7/7/07, Shabbir <shabbir.bharmal at gmail.com> wrote:
> I want to cross compile swfdec-0.4.5 for ARM9. But before that I am planning
> to compile it on my x86 machine without GTK support. I have already compiled
> it with GTK. But if I disable GTK then I am getting error messages while
> compiling test directory.

First thing first: Swfdec is a library, not an application. So if you
compile it with these options, you'll get a nice library, but you'll
still have to write an application that makes use of it. This is not
hard (just have a look at the test applications), but it needs to be
done.

> In file included from swfedit_file.h:24,
>                  from swfedit_file.c:31:
> swfedit_token.h:23:21: error: gtk/gtk.h: No such file or directory
> In file included from swfedit_file.h:24,
>                  from swfedit_file.c:31:
> swfedit_token.h:100: error: expected declaration specifiers or '...' before
> 'GtkTreeIter'
> make[3]: *** [libswfedit_la-swfedit_file.lo] Error 1
> make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make: *** [all] Error 2

Not good. The easy fix is to skip the test directory completely.
(Remove the test dir from the SUBDIRS in Makefile.am and run automake)
Or you just run make && make install in the libswfdec/ subdirectory.
I'll put a proper fix into git.

> And is there any way to compile swfdec for frame buffer?

Swfdec uses cairo for rendering. So you'll need to compile cairo with
support for the Framebuffer. After that it should just work.

> Can anyone tell me what would be the minimum size of static swfdec player? I
> just want to play normal animations using swfdec. No videos, no sound
> needed.

I have absolutely no idea. I never tried to compile it for embedded
systems. But I'd be very interested about your results.

Cheers,
Benjamin