[Swfdec] make swfdec a gstreamer backend?

Benjamin Otte otte at gnome.org
Fri Jul 27 00:21:44 PDT 2007

Hey,

First of all, see
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.gstreamer.devel/17524 - it
has some general stuff about GStreamer, including why I didn't made
Swfdec a GStreamer plugin.
The idea to make a GStreamer plugin has come up a lot though, but not
for using it as playback (do you want a play button and a seek bar
below every Flash?), but for transcoding Flash movies to Theora or
AVI. But so far noone started work on this.

As for Epiphany, the Swfdec-Mozilla plugin works fine there (I'm using
it). What I'd like to happen though is a better integration into
Epiphany. So that instead of the Right Click->Properties you can have
the stuff included in the View->Page Information menu.

Benjamin