[Swfdec] variable scope

Benjamin Otte otte at gnome.org
Tue Jun 12 00:16:49 PDT 2007

On 6/12/07, Nguyen Thai Ngoc Duy <pclouds at gmail.com> wrote:
> Setting variables seem not that simple. The attached script was compiled with
> ming 0.4.0.beta4: makeswf -v 6 -s 200x150 -r 1 -o a.swf a.as

Awesome. This looks a lot like a test we should immediately put in the
testsuite (well, imeediately after we've fixed Swfdec to pass it :)).
I guess SetVariable takes the current target in this case, we should
probably add tests that check that (by using SetTarget). And one that
uses With, just to be sure.

> With swfplay commit 0.4.4-377-g7246ed3 (hacked in swfdec_action_trace
> to print out), I got:

The swfplay app has quite some command line switches, including -t to
print traces to stdout.
You should try swfplay --help at some time. :)
Btw: If there's a useful command line switch you're missing to swfplay
or any of the other tools, feel free to add it. All the current
switches came out of (sometimes weird) need for them. They weren't
designed in.

Benjamin