[Swfdec] Re: Swfdec Digest, Vol 6, Issue 2

Richard Revis richard at revis.org
Thu May 3 14:35:32 PDT 2007

On Thursday 03 May 2007 20:01, swfdec-request at lists.freedesktop.org wrote:

> Has anybody of you guys had a look at it recently or could I make you?

Following the install instructions I put on the Wiki, on Kubuntu 6.10 I get:

Shockwave Flash  Shockwave Flash 9.0 (Swfdec 0.4.3)  libswfdecmozilla.la
  application/x-shockwave-flash - Adobe Flash movie (.swf)
Shockwave Flash  Shockwave Flash 9.0 (Swfdec 0.4.3)  libswfdecmozilla.so
  application/x-shockwave-flash - Adobe Flash movie (.swf)

In about:plugins in Konqueror. However, at least on youtube, the flash
elements don't show up on the page. It is the same with sp-studio - a message
shows in the browser status bar saying "loading plugin" but no flash element
appears.

I haven't had a chance to try the current git version out yet. These results
are also suspect as it may be a ppc problem. Oh, and just to add more fun
factor Konqueror has a strict set of default adblock filters which may be
killing more than is intended for some users (I did my tests with it
disabled).

Hope this helps,

Richard