[Swfdec] swfdec on DirectFb to work for Mozilla Firefox browser with DirectFb backend

Benjamin Otte otte at gnome.org
Fri Nov 16 08:18:48 PST 2007

Hi,

I'd say the amount of work involved depends a lot on how you ported
Mozilla to DirectFB. The most important question is if you use GTK.
I'm assuming you do that. Another important question is wether the
platform-dependant parts of the plugin API (aka NPAPI) have been
defined for DirectFB yet. I'm assuming this has been done, too.
Now the following approach should work fine:
1) compile swfdec with gtk support. You'll get libswfdec-gtk.
2) take the swfdec-mozilla source code and rewrite the X11-specific
parts with DirectFB-specific parts. Those parts should be isolated to
src/plugin_x11.c. That should give you a working Mozilla plugin.

That should be quite simple. Of course, if my assumptions are wrong,
it's a bit more work. :)

Cheers,
Benjamin