[Swfdec] can't play youtube videos with latest git

Benjamin Otte otte at gnome.org
Sun Sep 9 09:52:00 PDT 2007

On 9/9/07, Riccardo Magliocchetti <riccardo at datahost.it> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I can't play youtube videos with latest git but it worked with 0.5.2.
> Below you can find firefox stderr.

Ouch, yeah, looks like I broke it while trying to solve the
GetVariable mess. :/ I'm trying to solve it for two weeks now and
still have no idea. But Youtube breaking with it gives considerable
new insight into this problem. Thanks for noticing. (/me fixes
testsuite to catch this.)
Don't expect it to be fixed right away, I still need to solve the
GetVariable mess. Unless you're hacking on something that needs it, in
which case I'd try to quickfix it.

> BTW, when playing video with 0.5.2 i see it very slow but a very high
> cpu % for the Xorg process. My machine is an amd xp 2600 +, radeon 9250
> and 1gb of ram. Could that be related to the x.org radeon driver? I've
> read the FAQ on the site and i hope my machine has enough horsepower :|

It's probably a driver issue. You could try adding one of these two
options to your xorg.conf in the "Device" section:
Option "AccelMethod" "EXA"
Option "XaaNoOffscreenPixmaps" "true"
The first will enable the new (and sometimes buggy) EXA acceleration
for X. It's what I am using, but as it's new, it might have bugs. If
it breaks your X, use the second method instead.

Cheers,
Benjamin