[Swfdec] help with swfdec-0.5.2

Benjamin Otte otte at gnome.org
Wed Sep 12 07:17:35 PDT 2007

Hey,

On 9/12/07, pier sancez <m_pier_m at yahoo.it> wrote:
> Hi!
> I had to cross-compile swfdec-0.5.2 and for me is great! ^^ but...I have
> some questions:
> 1-does swfdec have any system to comunicate with other tasks? some example
> pls?

What do you mean exactly by "other tasks"? Flash itself includes the
possibility to communicate with other Flash files using the
LocalConnection object and there are various methods to communicate
with the source of the Flash file using anything from simple URL loads
to Flash remoting. Unfortunately, only very little of this is
implemented in Swfdec right now.

> 2- how swfdec can cominicate with host (xml, fscommand...)? some example if
> it's possibile

Again, Flash supports multiple methods, like ExternalInterface in
Flash 8 or the fscommand. Right now the only way implemented in Swfdec
is fscommand. See
http://swfdec.freedesktop.org/documentation/swfdec/SwfdecPlayer.html#SwfdecPlayer-fscommand
for details.

Out of interest, what are you trying to do with Swfdec? Maybe there's
an easy way to achieve what you want.

Cheers,
Benjamin