[Swfdec] Swfdec does not respond to key events

Benjamin Otte otte at gnome.org
Mon Dec 1 12:33:53 PST 2008

Hey,

I'm a bit confused about your code, as it does not use any Swfdec
directfb functions, in particular not swfdec_dfb_player_new(),
swfdec_dfb_player_set_playing() and swfdec_dfb_main(), which are the
things required to get input events working with swfdec-directfb - see
the player in the sources for the example.
Keep in mind tht Swfdec-directfb is in a bit of an unmaintained state
currently, so there might be some bugs lurking.

If you're not using swfdec-directfb however, you need to make sure to
call swfdec_player_key_press() and swfdec_player_key_release() on the
player to send it keyboard input. See the Swfdec documentation for
those.

Last but not least I am very sure that Keyboard input does work with
the Gtk player, as I'm using that all the time. The only problem there
can be keyboard focus, as the Swfdec widget does not have a way to
indicate keyboard focus.

Cheers,
Benjamin