[Swfdec] compiling latest swfdec in debian unstable

Pavel Roskin proski at gnu.org
Fri Feb 15 00:04:31 PST 2008

Quoting Riccardo Magliocchetti <riccardo at datahost.it>:

> i'm on ia32 so don't know this sort of problems, Pavel (added to CC)
> have an amd64 so maybe he can help. I'm also using --disable-static
> at configure time.

At the first glance, the build system tries to link a static library
into a shared one.  That won't work on most (if not all) architectures
because shared libraries should be fully relocatable.

The plugin must be a shared library.  But maybe swfdec was only
compiled as a static library for some reason.  Compiling swfdec with
--disable-static may help find that reason.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin