[Swfdec] 70 commits

Benjamin Otte otte at gnome.org
Mon Jan 21 14:38:08 PST 2008

Hey,

In case someone filters commit mails or doesn't read 1MB blobs, I've
just merged the result of me getting annoyed at various stuff.
Unfortunately, this grew a bit out of hand and ended up being very
huge. I expect this merge to have broken lots of things, so if you
find stuff that used to work and now doesn't work (or even crashes),
please poke me about it.
What does this patch contain?
- We now have sockets (XMLSocket isn't implemented yet though - even
that was my original goal). Using the SwfdecSocket class, users can
implement their own socket interface (swfdec-gtk has an implementation
using libsoup)
- The security architecture got a complete revamp - the nice thing is
that now there'll be a warning like "SECURITY: not allowing access to
http://www.example.com/foo.swf from file:///" where we can easily
figure out if Swfdec was too strict. It shouldn't be anymore though.
- Swfdec has the correct foundations for cross-domain internal scripting now.
- Lots of code got a lot cleaner (which in particular makes me happy,
because it means we got closer to the correct behavior - no one writes
braindead code on purpose.)

So have fun finding the new bugs I introduced. I checked the testsuite
and Youtube work, so it's not too easy for you.

Cheers,
Benjamin