[Swfdec] Swfdec 0.7.2 released

Benjamin Otte otte at gnome.org
Sun Jul 6 01:44:45 PDT 2008

> i am new to swfdec. Can you please tell me what is the best way to try
> swfdec on my linux environment?

The best way to try Swfdec is to use a Linux distribution that has
packaged Swfdec, like the latest releases of Ubuntu or Fedora. If you
use a different distribution, ask them.
If you want to install from sources,
http://swfdec.freedesktop.org/wiki/Installation may help you.

> I already have the adobe flash plugin for mozilla, how can I try to
> use swfdec to load some real flash sites?

Either your distribution provides a way to switch between plugins, or
you have to do it manually - by installing the one you want and
uninstalling the one you don't want. Mozilla doesn't let you chose
which plugin it takes.

Benjamin