[Swfdec] the road to 0.8

Benjamin Otte otte at gnome.org
Wed Jul 30 12:49:00 PDT 2008

Hey people,

I'll be on holidays and care about sunburns instead of Swfdec
development for the next 3 weeks. Everyone still here, please take
care of questions that people ask on the list or on IRC if you can.

Also, we have a pretty fixed roadmap for the next 2 months: We have to
get 0.8.0 out for GNOME and the distros. When I'm back from holidays
at mid to end August, we'll do either a release with all stuff that's
been accumulated since then. Depending on how happy we are with it,
we'll make it 0.8.0 or 0.7.6 and follow it up shortly afterwards with
0.8.0.

There's some small things I'd like to see in Swfdec 0.8 that I'll not
get around to do which are pretty easy tasks. So if you want to,
please have a go:
- Swfdec and Swfdec-Mozilla need gettext support, we want to be translatable
- The properties page in the mozilla plugin should have a preferences
tab, so you can chose to autoplay files: ( ) always, (x) remember what
I did last time, ( ) never.
- More keyboard shortcuts could be supported by the TextField. Like
up/down arrow, page up/down and whatever else text entries do in
Gtk/Flash. I'm not sure how hard this all is, make Pekka review your
patches. ;)

Cheers,
Benjamin