[Swfdec] some thoughts about both ffmpeg and gnome

Pavel Roskin proski at gnu.org
Thu May 1 11:15:50 PDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-05-01 at 19:47 +0200, Dennis Heuer wrote:
> On Thu, 1 May 2008 17:06:57 +0200
> Dennis Heuer <dh at triple-media.com> wrote:
>
> > only that i have to click on the somewhat blurry "play" image is
> > quite boring.
>
> i understand that this is because the user shall choose if he wants to
> see a commercial, but he should first see if it is a commercial before
> he has to decide. wouldn't a semi-transparent layer on top of the first
> drawn frame be the better alternative?

Please see another thread about the autoplay option.  It has been
implemented, just not in an intuitive way.

The flash file doesn't need to be a commercial.  But some files require
a lot of resources, and it multiple tabs are open in the browser, they
can take all CPU time.

I'm not sure if rendering the first frame would be a good solution, as
it would start the interpreter and use some resources.  Besides, I'm not
sure if it can always be determined when the flash file is done with the
first frame.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin