[Swfdec] some thoughts about both ffmpeg and gnome

Dennis Heuer dh at triple-media.com
Thu May 1 13:04:43 PDT 2008

On Thu, 1 May 2008 20:00:37 +0200
"Benjamin Otte" <otte at gnome.org> wrote:

> Hey
>
> >  The choice, however, makes me think. first, the standalone-player needs
> >  gnome and not just gtk+. i'm running xfce and thus can't use it.
> >
> I'm not gonna argue that that's not true as you can just install it
> now, as I guess you know that mantra.

Found it, and got it running outside the package directory ;) It
works very well. There's only one feature I'd really like to see coming
up: geometry! Flash games are made to run in very small frames, and text
is not readable at all. Redrawing the window after every start is not a
sport I like to do often. I'd like to start games from the panel like:

swfplay --geometry=1200x1024 game.swf

Don't mind too much. My wishlist is already hooked up.

Dennis