[Swfdec] no suitable decoder for audio codec 2

Dennis Heuer dh at triple-media.com
Wed May 14 01:55:27 PDT 2008

On Wed, 14 May 2008 08:43:46 +0200
"Benjamin Otte" <otte at gnome.org> wrote:

> The audio codec numbers are Flash/FLV specific numbers. Audio codec 2
> is Mp3. So you're likely missing the mad GStreamer plugin from
> gst-plugins-ugly.

i'm not shure how you call gstreamer-and how this works at all--but
possibly going with the recent gst-ffmpeg package is a better choice!?

i got swfdec working with sound so far (now codec 6 is missing. is
there some doc on these codes you can target me at?). but it spits out
lots of messages, takes up to 100% cpu-time and is nearly unusable even
with games you've listed on your website. it seems that mainly the same
errors are causing this. i thought, you may want to see my favourite
error messages:

SWFDEC: FIXME: swfdec_text_field.c(144): tag_func_define_edit_text:
Using embed fonts in TextField is not supported

SWFDEC: FIXME: swfdec_text_field_movie.c(472):
swfdec_text_field_movie_xy_to_index:
swfdec_text_field_movie_xy_to_index is not implemented yet

SWFDEC: FIXME: swfdec_sound_object.c(137):
swfdec_sound_object_setVolume: Sound.setVolume is not implemented yet

SWFDEC: FIXME: swfdec_movie_asprops.c(526):
swfdec_movie_get_asprop_index: property _quality not implemented

SWFDEC: FIXME: swfdec_movie_asprops.c(526):
swfdec_movie_get_asprop_index: property _quality not implemented

pew, this one is nice! definetly no handwritten code :))
SWFDEC: FIXME: swfdec_as_context.c(872): swfdec_as_context_run: allow
calling native functions with more than 128 args (this one has 170)

SWFDEC: WARN : swfdec_as_interpret.c(895): swfdec_action_call_method:
no function named "update" on object SwfdecSpriteMovie

SWFDEC: WARN : swfdec_as_interpret.c(895): swfdec_action_call_method:
no function named "gotoAndStop" on object unknown

SWFDEC: WARN : swfdec_as_interpret.c(895): swfdec_action_call_method:
no function named "removeListener" on object SwfdecTextFieldMovie

SWFDEC: WARN : swfdec_as_interpret.c(895): swfdec_action_call_method:
no function named "push" on object unknown

so it was,
dennis