[Swfdec] How to make swfdec playback audio on Windows?

Benjamin Otte otte at gnome.org
Fri Nov 14 01:04:52 PST 2008

On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 2:55 AM, seer xillion <seerxillion at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am a freshman to Alsa and Pulse, how can I make swfdec playing with sounds
> on Windows?

As I haven't ever looked at porting Swfdec to Windows and because I
don't have an idea of what you want, I'm not exactly sure what the
best way is.
If you just want to get swfdec working with gtk on windows, then
writing a swfdec_playback_windows.c file (as you tried) sounds like a
good idea. Otherwise you probably want to write a libswfdec-windows th

> I've tried to modify the file "swfdec_playback_alsa.c" and let it write the
> audio samples to a PCM file.
>
> This will indeed write the audio samples to a file, even if not having the
> "Play" button being clicked.

As you sent a rar file, which my Ubuntu box couldn't open, I couldn't
look at what you did, please use a zip file next time. But I guess
that writing to a file will not stop, because you haven't set it up as
a non-blocking file, which is what the alsa backend does: immediately
fill the audio buffer and refill it whenever it's not full anymore.

Cheers,
Benjamin