[Swfdec] Get URL handling, A/V decoding

Nick Zitzmann seiryu at comcast.net
Sat Sep 6 13:48:34 PDT 2008

On Sep 6, 2008, at 2:13 PM, Benjamin Otte wrote:

> That sounds like my APIs are nice to use. That's cool. :)

Well, that, and it really helped that others ported Cairo and Pango to
Mac OS X's graphics engine. I'm still going to have to go back and
update Pango so it builds correctly on X86-64, since it depends on
some APIs that Apple took out of the 64-bit frameworks, but at least
everything is working in 32-bit right now....

> 2. Next (and likely the one you asked for) is the SwfdecPlayer::launch
> signal, which is used to indicate that an external URL should be
> opened.

That's the one I was looking for. I was searching through the code for
"get URL", "get-URL", etc. and didn't think about launch. I'll give it
a go; thanks.

> Yeah, that part isn't documented, because I didn't want to export API
> for writing decoders yet as there wasn't a user for it.
> You obviously found the SwfdecAudioDecoder and SwfdecVideoDecoder
> objects already, so here's a small introduction that describes the
> vfuncs their classes use. Of course, it doesn't hurt to look at the
> existing decoders. The builtin ones are pretty simple.

Thanks also for the descriptions. I'll start by putting together an
MP3 decoder that uses Mac OS X's built-in codec. BTW, what exactly is
the purpose behind the video decoder API? I'm wondering if I even need
to do anything there, since I noticed there's a built-in FLV decoder.

Nick Zitzmann
<http://seiryu.home.comcast.net/>
S/MIME signature available upon request