[Swfdec] Get URL handling, A/V decoding

Nick Zitzmann seiryu at comcast.net
Mon Sep 8 10:25:43 PDT 2008

On Sep 6, 2008, at 2:13 PM, Benjamin Otte wrote:

> Decoders must provide output as 44.1kHz
> stereo 16bit raw in full samples.

OK, I just got audio support working the other day. Two more questions:

1. In both the audio and video formats, is the output from the
decoders expected to be in little-endian or native-endian format? I
ask because I'm doing all of my development on an Intel Mac, but I
must also target PPC (and eventually PPC64) or else a lot of people
will complain, so endian-ness is important. I noticed the built-in
decoders are using little-endian on my Mac, but I don't want to assume
that on PPC...

2. Is it just me, or does the output from the ADPCM decoder sound
punchy to anyone? I ran the ADPCM test cases through both Swfdec and
Adobe Flash Player, and Swfdec's decoder put a little more punch into
it than Flash Player did. I'm going to try again with MP3 soon.

Nick Zitzmann
<http://seiryu.home.comcast.net/>
S/MIME signature available upon request