[Swfdec] Porting SWFDec to Android

Benjamin Otte otte at gnome.org
Thu May 14 12:18:23 PDT 2009

On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 5:24 PM, Vinayakumara T V <vnykmrtv at gmail.com> wrote:
> SwfDec is still not playing flv files. I have digged into the code, in
> SwfDec_Decoder.c there is a check for header while creating the required
> decoders. There only two decoders are instantiated one of type
> swfdec_swf_decoder and other one is for image. If I see older version of
> SwfDec (0.4.2), it has three (one of them is flv). I have built 0.4.2, it
> plays flv files fine. Do I need to change 0.8.2 to include 0.4.2 features to
> play flv files?

0.4.2 playing back FLV files was a hack that didn't work very well.
After I changed various internals, it was no longer possible to keep
that hack working. So no, Swfdec itself cannot load FLV files. Swfdec
can however load SWF file and those SWF files can load FLV files fine.

If you want to play back FLV files directly, please use GStreamer.

Cheers,
Benjamin