[Swfdec] Transparency of widget backgrounds

Karri Kaksonen karri.kaksonen at furuno.fi
Wed Sep 2 03:10:58 PDT 2009

Karri Kaksonen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I played around with gtk transparency a bit.

I continued with my transparency experiments and got together something
that suits my needs. I tried to find a place where to post a patch. But
the closest place I found was this mailing list.

This patch affects the swfdec_gtk_widget object. To gain transparency I
have added an EventBox for catching events and changed the widget to
draw on its parents window instead of its own window. This should be the
same idea as was used on the gtk labels.

I also added a flag for removing the decorations in the swfplay executable.

The resulting flash movie will now have no borders and lets the desktop
show through where there are no flash pixels.

Transparency works on Ubuntu 9.04 with a compositing manager running.

Regards,

Karri Kaksonen