[Swfdec] Swfdec and Ffmpeg only

Benjamin Otte otte at gnome.org
Sun Jan 3 02:59:44 PST 2010

Hey,

The reason why Swfdec does not support more than one sound system,
HTTP backend or multimedia system is very simple: The main
developer(s) (read: me) only uses one of each and wants to use his
time to improve the Flash player instead of supporting multiple
backends of a non-working player. So every backend that wasn't updated
whenever necessary was thrown out. It's not hard to add back, it's
just that the Swfdec devs don't want to keep it working.

That said, active Swfdec development has pretty much stopped, so
you'll likely not see any new features in the near future anyway.

Cheers,
Benjamin