[SyncEvolution] SyncEvolution in Fremantle

Ove Kaaven ovek at arcticnet.no
Wed Dec 23 05:24:35 UTC 2009

Chen, Congwu skrev:
> Great progress! Regarding the calendar backend, you are right. We need
> to write a new backend to support it. We have a bug entry tracking this issue
> [1], however we have no resource to work on it at this time. If you can come
> up and take it, that will be great.

Yeah, I'll have a go at it soon.

(By the way, I did successfully sync the addressbook on the actual
device using that .deb I posted a link to, so now it's time to debug the
crash with optimization enabled, and start coding what's left to be
done, I guess...)

> That's not possible with SyncML protocol, webDav(which is not really sync) and
> ActiveSync may works, but SyncEvolution currently does not support either.

Oh well. Best to stick with ScheduleWorld and/or GooSync, then...

> SyncEvolution 0.9.1 is the latest stable release, that will be a good version to start.
> There are heavy developments towards 1.0 release so I will not recommend git head
> at the moment.

What about the libsynthesis? Is there any recommended tag for that?

David Greaves skrev:
> Hi Ove, welcome to maemo-dev :)

Thanks.

> Just breaking lurker status on this thread and saying that I'm really
> pleased that someone's making an effort - if you could push your git
> tree to gitorious.org (maemo's de-facto git-sharing service) that
> would be really nice even though I realise it is likely to be ugly
> atm.

Hmm. It was my impression that Patrick wanted Maemo patches to go into
syncevolution's own git; if so, it would probably be fairly meaningless
to also push it to another git repository.

> Also maybe start scribbling on the maemo.org wiki too?

What would I write?