[SyncEvolution] SyncEvolution in Fremantle

Ove Kaaven ovek at arcticnet.no
Wed Dec 30 07:14:19 UTC 2009

Ove Kaaven skrev:
>> This is already possible, but we aren't sure yet how to maintain the
>> different profiles. Right now, src/syncclient_sample_config.xml contains
>> a "contacts" field list (internal representation) and "vCard" profile
>> that is used both for the SyncML peer and the local backends, with some
>> tweaks to let some properties be handled differently on both sides
>> ("EVOLUTION" rule).

I found a case I'm not sure about.

If you add a Jabber address to a contact, the vcard looks like:

X-JABBER;TYPE=jabber:address

but if you add a "Ovi by Nokia" address, the vcard looks like:

X-JABBER;TYPE=nokiachat:address

(If you add both, they not unexpectedly become separate entries, on
separate lines.)

Is there a good way to model that?