[SyncEvolution] Calendar entries not syncing when date changed

Jane Atkinson jane at janeatkinson.co.nz
Sat Feb 1 22:22:38 UTC 2014

On 02/02/14 02:04, Patrick Ohly wrote:
> On Sat, 2014-02-01 at 16:36 +1300, Jane Atkinson wrote:
>> From time to time, I need to change the date, but not the time, of an
>> appointment. When I do this, the change is not being propagated to the
>> client. If I change the time of an appointment, the change is propagated
>> correctly.
>>
>> I'm running syncevolution 1.3.99.7 on Xubuntu 14.04 (pre-release). The
>> client is a Nokia E63. The configuration type is webdav. Evolution is
>> not installed on this system.
>>
>> I'm not sure exactly when this started happening, but I think it's of
>> recent origin. No configuration options have been changed for a long time.
>>
>> Please let me know where to send the logs. Also, any further tests I can do.
> Send me a syncevolution-log.html created with loglevel=4 where a change
> should be transmitted and doesn't get transmitted to
> patrick.ohly at intel.com. Please identify the event (say, by quoting its
> description).

Strange... I set log-level=4 in ~/.config/syncevolution/config.ini. Then
the test event synced correctly when I ran the sync!

On reverting log-level to the default (commented out in config.ini) the
sync is still working correctly with changed dates, both on new and
existing events.

I'll keep watching it and if the problem recurs I'll send a log.

Probably not connected with this behaviour, but I regularly see an error
message:
[ERROR] GLib: Source ID 9 was not found when attempting to remove it

Usually it's ID 9 but occasionally is another number.

Regards

Jane Atkinson