[SyncEvolution] Syncevlution --import could not import all events for some calendars(?)

Sunny Sigara sunnysigara at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 21:29:44 UTC 2014

Hello Patrick,

I am trying to import a google holiday calendar with "syncevolution
--import function.
While it can import all events from a evolution-ical file just fine, it
fails to do so for google calendar. I am using syncevolution-1.3.2 on
saucy.

'''
cd ~/Desktop/calendar

wget
https://www.google.com/calendar/ical/en.indian%23holiday%40group.v.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics

syncevolution --configure backend=evolution-calendar database=Holidays
@default hdcal

syncevolution --import ~/Desktop/calendar/basic.ics @default hdcal

#0: 20140204_60o30d36cgo30c1g60o30dr4ck%40google%2ecom-rid

'''

As it is visible from the output, it could only import one single event.

If I manually import all events using evolution & then export like this:

"syncevolution --export calendar.ics backend=evolution-calendar
database=Holidays"

& then try to import.....it imports all events properly. Only for
google holidays(& some other) calendar it can import only a single
event.

Here is the holiday-ical-file: http://paste.ubuntu.com/6927791/