[SyncEvolution] ActiveSync binaries (was: Re: Syncing two servers)

Patrick Ohly patrick.ohly at intel.com
Fri Feb 14 13:47:05 UTC 2014

On Mon, 2014-02-03 at 08:09 +0100, Patrick Ohly wrote:
> On Mon, 2014-02-03 at 00:35 +0100, Emiliano Heyns wrote:
> > OK, I just saw 1.3.99.7 roll in (yay!), but when I try to install
> > activesyncd and syncevolution-activesync I get:
> >

> > sudo aptitude install  activesyncd syncevolution-activesync
> > The following NEW packages will be installed:
> >   activesyncd{b} syncevolution-activesync
> > 0 packages upgraded, 2 newly installed, 0 to remove and 8 not
> > upgraded.
> > Need to get 2,120 kB of archives. After unpacking 8,962 kB will be
> > used.
> >  activesyncd : Depends: libebook-1.2-13 which is a virtual package.
> >                Depends: libical0 which is a virtual package.
>
> activesyncd has hard dependencies on specific EDS versions, in this case
> EDS < 3.6. I wasn't planning to change that. What I fixed was the
> installation of SyncEvolution itself, for non-ActiveSync usage.
>
> I guess I could try to compile activesyncd multiple times, on different
> platforms.

SyncEvolution 1.4 will have activesyncd-wheezy/saucy/trusty and
syncevolution-activesync-wheezy/saucy/trusty .deb/.rpm/.tar.gz. In
addition, the apt repo also has meta activesyncd and
syncevolution-activesync packages which causes "apt-get install
activesyncd syncevolution-activesync" to pull in a suitable real
package.

--
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly

on behalf of Intel on this matter.