backend = file: not one of the valid values

Patrick Ohly patrick.ohly at intel.com
Mon Jan 27 14:41:44 UTC 2014

On Mon, 2014-01-27 at 09:03 -0500, Sachin Gupta wrote:
> + Forum
>
> On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 9:03 AM, Sachin Gupta <chingupt at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>         Hi Patrick,
>

>         When running syncevolution, i am getting the following error:
>
>         efault/sources/addressbook/config.ini: backend = file: not one
>         of the valid values (virtual, calendar = events, addressbook =
>         contacts, todo = tasks, memo = memos = notes, SQLite Address
>         Book = sqlite-contacts = sqlite)

How was SyncEvolution compiled and/or installed? Looks like the file
backend is not installed.

Check "syncevolution --version" and in particular the list of loaded
backends. If you enabled a shared build, there should be a syncfile.so.

--
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly

on behalf of Intel on this matter.