DevInf sent to Server again in fast sync

Patrick Ohly patrick.ohly at intel.com
Tue Mar 11 20:36:32 UTC 2014

On Tue, 2014-03-11 at 23:23 +0530, Sachin Gupta wrote:

> Once a handset is registered with the server, does the handset still
> have to send the DevInf again to the Server in subsequent Sync
> Operations?

It only has to send the DevInf again if it has changed or the server
asks for it with a Get request.

> Currently when syncing, syncevolution sends the DevInf again to the
> server even though it has in the previous sync operation. Can this be
> controlled or is it the expected behaviour?

It cannot be controlled by SyncEvolution; libsynthesis implements the
behavior described automatically. Check the syncevolution-log.html file
and search for DevInf. That should tell you why the library sends
DevInf.

--
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly

on behalf of Intel on this matter.