[SyncEvolution] Syncevolution --print-databases

Janusz janumix at poczta.fm
Wed Dec 30 22:37:41 UTC 2015

Wednesday 30 of December 2015 22:14:03 Patrick Ohly:
> On Wed, 2015-12-30 at 15:47 +0100, Janusz wrote:
> > ... and freezes on this not presenting Akonadi resources (akonadi
> > runs). Seems like syncevo-dbus-helper (invoked by syncevo-dbus-server)
> > stopped responding with no error.
>
> That looks like a problem with using Akonadi from the SyncEvolution
> daemon.
>
> Can you check whether it works entirely in the command line process? For
> that, use:
> SYNCEVOLUTION_DEBUG=1 syncevolution loglevel=3 --print-databases --daemon=no
> > ======== sys info ==================================================
> >
> > $ syncevolution  --version
> > SyncEvolution 1.5
>
> That's a SyncEvolution binary from syncevolution.org?

On 1st PC no - from distro. On 2nd one from syncevolution.org but I need to do a trick becauce of
unmet dependencies: libpcrecpp0

Distro has libpcrecpp0v5 but the other app uses it so I cannot remove it.
I did a trick and changed dependencies in syncevolutio-baundle to use v5 version but final result
is exactly the same.

======== sys info - 2nd PC ===========
$ syncevolution --version

> > $ cat /etc/lsb-release
> > DISTRIB_ID=Ubuntu
> > DISTRIB_RELEASE=15.10
> > DISTRIB_CODENAME=wily
> > DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Ubuntu 15.10"
>
> I think a C++ ABI change went into that distro. I have not checked how
> that affects SyncEvolution binaries, in particular regarding KDE +
> Akonadi.

Should I try to downgrade something ?