[SyncEvolution] contact sync from owncloud failed after upgrade syncevo from 1.4 to latest 1.5

Patrick Ohly patrick.ohly at intel.com
Fri Oct 23 10:30:02 UTC 2015

On Wed, 2015-10-07 at 14:03 +0200, Thorsten Leiser wrote:
> Everything works fine, but I noticed a time shift of 1 hour when syncing
> calendar entries to my nokia s40.
> So i decided to do an upgrade with the repository "deb
> https://download.01.org/syncevolution/apt stable main".
> Now the time shift is away. ;-)
> But when refreshing the contacts from my owncloud, i don't see "adding
> <John Smith>",... anymore. I see "adding <???>".

What kind of N and FN properties do you get from OwnCloud? You can check
with "syncevolution --export - target-config at owncloud contacts".

> The refresh from my owncloud runs through without errors and the number
> of contacts is correct.
> But when syncing now my contacts to my nokia it fails.

I assume you do that over Bluetooth with SyncEvolution? Please run with
"loglevel=4" once and check in the HTML log file whether contacts have
correct N and FN properties.

FN (= full name) should be a single string, whereas N has multiple
components, like this:

FN:John Doe
N:Doe;John;;;

> Is this a bug or have I to change something when upgrading syncevolution
> from 1.4 to latest 1.5?

You shouldn't have to change anything.

--
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly