[SyncEvolution] Comparison was impossible.

Marc Bantle b at ntle.de
Thu Sep 10 21:22:44 UTC 2015

Am Montag, den 03.08.2015, 13:51 +0200 schrieb Marc Bantle:
> Am Montag, den 03.08.2015, 09:26 +0200 schrieb Patrick Ohly:
> > On Mon, 2015-07-27 at 18:30 +0200, Marc Bantle wrote:
> > > So for me its not obvious, why I get the above message.
> > >
> > > Any ideas what else can be causing the message?
> >
> > Perhaps the perl script is failing.
> >
> > Try running that directly in a shell. It might show additional errors.
> >

> Thanks for the hint! The script seems to be missing MIME/Base64.pm:

It turned out that Digest/MD5 was also missing besides
MIME/Base64. Off course both the *.pm files as well as
the binaries of the modules need to be available.

> And yes, the perl system installed seems to be very "reduced", for some
> reason.

Ubuntu touch comes with package perl-base instead of
perl since OTA-5 to save 17MB root-fs. Previous versions
had a full perl package aboard. According to the
developers, none of the packages delivered with the base
system (apt-)depends on perl.

I checked syncevolution-common and it does neither. So
should syncevolution-common add a dependency to perl? Or
is there maybe a way to do a detailed compare without the
Base64 and MD5 modules from package perl.

Regards,
Marc