[SyncEvolution] Help needed

deloptes deloptes at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 12:32:27 UTC 2016

Hi Patrick, all,

a stupid shortcut activation got the previous mail sent incomplete.

So in the LocalTransportAgent

we have

            while (! m_reportSent  && m_parent && s.getState() ==
SuspendFlags::NORMAL ) {
               step("waiting for parent's ACK for sync report");
            }

which never completes.

If I however execute this one by changing

            if (! m_reportSent  && m_parent && s.getState() ==
SuspendFlags::NORMAL ) {
               step("waiting for parent's ACK for sync report");
            }

it completes.
m_reportSent  should be fine. I did not go further, but I think it has to do
with the step() and m_parent / s.getState and probably the threading. If I
find something I'll post here.

The plugin runs in the snycevo-local-sync forked process. I noticed in the
above use case the close() function is not called and I don't see anywhere
(also in the html log) that it would destroy the object properly.
In the log it says however
        "child process has quit with status 0"

Does it means that m_parent is not closing properly?
What is expected to happen here in this step?

thank you in advance