[SyncEvolution] TDEPIM sync questions

Patrick Ohly patrick.ohly at intel.com
Sun Feb 7 11:48:45 UTC 2016

On Sun, 2016-02-07 at 01:46 +0100, deloptes wrote:
> Graham Cobb wrote:
>
> > On 06/02/16 09:56, deloptes wrote:
> >> It does now exit, but staying there after
> >>
> >>         Synchronization successfull
> >>         Changes applied ....
> >>         Data modified ....
> >>         *** @..../addressbook ***
> >>         no changes
> >
> > I assume you meant "It does NOT exit".  In my experience, the appearance
> > of syncevolution not exiting is often due to the "changes" perl script
> > which, in may case, can take a VERY long time.  I don't remember the
> > name of the script offhand but while it is "hung" you may want to see if
> > there is a process running perl on your system.
> >
> > I recommend that while initially testing you set "printChanges=0" (if
> > you have a lot of data you may want to set dumpData=0 as well, except
> > when you really want to save the data). Turning off both those at least
> > means you are really just testing the sync code.
> >
> > That may not be your problem at all, but it is worth checking.
> >
> > Graham
>
> Hi Graham,
> I think we've met in the OpenSync project at some point. I do not have any
> perl process doing something. I have 340 contacts - not sure if it is a
> lot - first testing just the addressbook. It looks like it finishes the
> sync and waiting for something. I didn't have time to try the option you
> mentioned - and I am not sure where I ahve to put them.
> Still studing the configuration.
> I'm just not sure why I have to press CTRL+C twice to get it to the end, but
> I'll figure it out.

It seems to hang somewhere. Running the command line I gave with
--daemon=no under gdb should make it obvious where that is.

> I think I have a problem with understanding the configuration and how I can
> create a test setup where I have a local sync server (file backend) and TDE
> PIM on the other side.
> It looks like it worked for addressbook, but trying to reproduce or extend
> it with calendar was not successfull yet.
>
> Perhaps someone can help a bit here
>
> Please comment the config below and why extending it with calendar did not
> work,

Not sure about calendar. It should be enough to replace "addressbook"
with "calendar" and "tdepim-contacts" with "tdepim-calendar".

Before you try to sync it is probably easier to check that access to TDE
data works. See https://syncevolution.org/wiki/item-operations

>  also if it is proper to clean up by doing
>
>         rm -rf ~/.cache/syncevolution/ ~/.config/syncevolution/ /tmp/test

Yes, that should cover everything.

--
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly

on behalf of Intel on this matter.