[SyncEvolution] Build fails with libical 2.0.0

Milan Crha mcrha at redhat.com
Tue Jan 19 10:25:31 UTC 2016

	Hello,
I just realized that the syncevolution fails to build against
libical 2.0.0. The problem is synevolution's extract of
icaltz-util.c/.h, referencing extern const char *ical_tzid_prefix;
This variable had been made private and there is no way to get to it
from the outside of libical (the added icaltimezone_tzid_prefix() is
not exported in the libical library).

I do not know the rationale with the icaltz-util extract in the
syncevolution, but I'd say it's time to get rid of it when new-enough
libical is used for the build. What do you think?

I placed a lame workaround in my build and defined the missing variable
with the value copied from the libical 2.0.0 sources. I know it doesn't
scale and can easily break in the future, but I expect that there will
be done a proper fix upstream meanwhile and I'll be able to drop the
workaround once the fix will be released.
	Bye,
	Milan