[SyncEvolution] Debian building packages for syncevolution 1.5.1 and TDE backends

deloptes deloptes at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 22:26:47 UTC 2016

Tino Mettler wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 13, 2016 at 16:13:44 +0200, deloptes wrote:
>> OK, Thank you Tino,
>> I have the feeling you are right. I'll try to build the debian packages
>> on the test env, where I will need to install the evolution and kde libs
>> as well, so that I'll be able to build all available/suggested backends.
>>
>> What about merging the code into the syncevolution git tree?
>> What is the "official" procedure?
>
> Hi,
>
> that question is better sent to the syncevolution mailing list, as I'm
> only the Debian maintainer.
>
> Regards,
> Tino

Hi again,

I noticed there is no package for stretch - for jessie and sid there is
one - what are the plans or what is the story?
This is also version 1.4.99 - why not 1.5.1 (I mean at least sid)?

https://packages.debian.org/sid/syncevolution

I also did not understand how I can get the TDE backends into the
syncevolution code tree, or what you would advise to do with backends that
target specific desktop environment (TDE)?
There are couple of options and I have no idea what is the best way. The TDE
team could provide packages, or it could go through the supported distros.
What would you advise?

Here is reference to TDE: http://www.trinitydesktop.org/

Thanks in advance

regards