[SyncEvolution] Debug messages

Patrick Ohly patrick.ohly at intel.com
Wed Jun 29 15:56:18 UTC 2016

On Wed, 2016-06-29 at 17:12 +0200, Alberto Mardegan wrote:
> Hi!
>    I'm trying to debug what appears to be an issue in libsignon-glib,
> which is used in the signon backend.
> In order to debug it, I need to see the output of the g_debug() calls
> happening inside that library, but for some reason I can see only one of
> them:
>
> ==============
> $ G_MESSAGES_DEBUG=all SYNCEVOLUTION_DEBUG=1 syncevolution loglevel=1
> --daemon=no  --sync two-way google-100 ...sources...
> [DEBUG 00:00:00] log path -> /home/phablet/.cache/syncevolution, <okay>
> [DEBUG 00:00:00] checking log dir /home/phablet/.cache/syncevolution
> [DEBUG 00:00:00] logfile:
> /home/phablet/.cache/syncevolution/google_+100-2016-06-29-18-04/syncevolution-log.html
> [DEBUG syncevo-local-sync 00:00:00] ForkExecChild: connecting to parent
> with D-Bus address 11
> [DEBUG syncevo-local-sync 00:00:00] child connected to parent
> [ERROR @google-100] error code from SyncEvolution access denied (remote,
> status 403): could not obtain OAuth2 token:
> GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name :1.135
> was not provided by any .service files
> [ERROR @google-100] error code from SyncEvolution access denied (remote,
> status 403): logging into remote service failed: error code from
> SyncEvolution access denied (remote, status 403): could not obtain
> OAuth2 token: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The
> name :1.135 was not provided by any .service files
> [DEBUG @google-100 00:00:18] signon-identity.c:636:
> identity_session_object_destroyed_cb 636
> [ERROR] error code from SyncEvolution access denied (remote, status
> 403): failure on target side @google-100 of local sync: could not obtain
> OAuth2 token: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The
> name :1.135 was not provided by any .service files
> ==============
>
> As you can see, in the logs above there *is* a line coming from
> libsignon-glib, but only one, while all the others (which I'm sure are
> being executed, and they are all calls to g_debug()) are not visible.

SyncContext::initMain() unconditionally calls
g_log_set_default_handler() to redirect glib output into
Logger::glogFunc(), which then logs them according to the current log
settings.

You are running with a low loglevel. Try bumping that to 10 (or 11, for
our UK friends) and I bet you'll see the messages.

--
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly

on behalf of Intel on this matter.