[SyncEvolution] Sync with SailFish OS via Bluetooth

deloptes deloptes at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 21:24:00 UTC 2016

Patrick Ohly wrote:

>> This is what I did - it loops in ObexTransportAgent::wait(): iteration
>> for quite some time, but I guess I have to remove PC suite parameter and
>> who knows what I also have to modify.
>
> That doesn't look good :-(
>
> Is the phone still supported? Is it possible to see logs from the phone
> side or get someone to describe how the phone is supposed to be used for
> syncing via SyncML?

Actually it is pretty new. After making sync possible with TDE and N9 I am
pretty happy, so now is the time to plan for the future. It is produced by
Intex and sold since earlier this year. I thought it will be a nice try
since the price is not that high.

I still don't know whos in charge on Jolla side ... but I was able to sync
the contacts from N9 to Intex Aqua Fish via bluetooth. I don't know how it
did it in the background

>> > Which one?
>> >
>> > The script hasn't been used much, I suspect. The only remaining phones
>> > with SyncML support were Nokia, and those typically all used the same
>> > settings.
>>
>> syncevo-phone-config
>>
>> syncevo-phone-config --bt-address
>> 94:XX:XX:XX:XX:8D --advanced --create-config=aquafish
>> Running test with test data inside /tmp/syncevo-phone-config1_7yeN/data
>> and test results inside /tmp/syncevo-phone-config1_7yeN/cache
>> Starting test for 1188 configurations...
>> Start 1/1188 test
>> [DEBUG 00:00:00] checking password property 'databasePassword' in
>> datastore 'addressbook' of config 'test-phone' with user identity ''
>> [ERROR 00:00:00] addressbook: backend addressbook is ambiguous, avoid the
>> alias and pick a specific backend instead directly
>
> That error comes from not knowing whether the Evolution or TDE backend
> is supposed to be used by the script. After a quick look at the script
> it seems that this cannot be specified. For you, the easiest solution
> probably is to disable the Evolution backends when compiling
> SyncEvolution.

these are the options I compiled with

        --enable-maintainer-mode \
        --enable-shared \
        --enable-gui \
        --enable-gtk=3 \
        --enable-core \
        --enable-bluetooth \
        --enable-tdepimabc \
        --enable-tdepimcal \
        --enable-tdepimnotes \
        --enable-tdewallet \
        --enable-sqlite \
        --enable-file \
        --enable-dav \
        --without-gio-gdbus \
        --disable-ssl-certificate-check \
        --disable-akonadi \
        --disable-ebook \
        --disable-ecal \
        --disable-goa \
        --disable-kcalextended \
        --disable-kwallet \
        --disable-maemocal \
        --disable-oauth2 \
        --disable-qtcontacts \
        --disable-gsso \
        --disable-uoa \
        --disable-sign

I'll try to find information how this version is supposed to work. Perhaps
it is missing a service in the background.

regards