[SyncEvolution] Explicit type 'text/x-vcalendar' specified in command or item meta

Patrick Ohly patrick.ohly at intel.com
Tue Sep 13 06:42:33 UTC 2016

On Tue, 2016-09-13 at 00:26 +0200, deloptes wrote:
> Hi,
> sorry for bothering further but I am wondering why I see this when in slow
> sync but not in normal mode.

You should see it also in normal mode when creating a new calendar entry
on the phone.

> [2016-09-09 17:12:34.846] Explicit type 'text/x-vcalendar' specified in
> command or item meta
> [2016-09-09 17:12:34.846] Version '1.0' obtained from item data
>
> Does this mean that (if I recall correctly) the item pushed to the backend
> is v1.0 calendar?

No, that's a log entry about the data as it comes from the peer,
probably a phone in this case. Run with a higher log level (starting
with 4, if I remember correctly) and you will see the actual data
getting dumped, with "Parsing" for the original data and "Generated"
after re-encoding.

> If yes how can I tell (enforce) the engine to send v2.0?

It will already do the conversion to 2.0. The "generated" item is what
it will store in the local database.

--
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly

on behalf of Intel on this matter.