[SyncEvolution] Broken UTF-8 item passed to backend (was Explicit type 'text/x-vcalendar' specified in command or item meta)

Patrick Ohly patrick.ohly at intel.com
Wed Sep 14 06:21:22 UTC 2016

On Wed, 2016-09-14 at 01:41 +0200, deloptes wrote:
> Hi,
> I added a line to dump the incoming item/payload in the backend. I couldn't
> see what was sent when using SYNCEVOLUTION_DEBUG=4.

You need to set the "loglevel" property, not the env variable. I.e. run
with:
syncevolution --sync loglevel=4 my-config-name

Then look at the syncevolution-log.html file under
~/.cache/syncevolution.

Click on the "expand all" at the top of the file to unfold everything
(otherwise searching via the web browser will skip over folded
sections).

> I fixed similar issue related to vcal v1 in TDE/libkcal in the vcc.y/cpp
> file[2] today, while trying to reproduce and looking into the v1 parser.
> This here looks very very similar to what I fixed, so how is the converter
> in the engine handling the v1 quoted printable with charset: utf-8. It
> looks like the versit parser does not honor white space in the beginning of
> the line for the quoted-printable encoding [3].

libsynthesis has its own parser. Looking at the full log should tell us
more about what it needs to parse.

--
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly

on behalf of Intel on this matter.