CardDAV GEO encoding issue in OwnDrive/OwnCloud

Patrick Ohly patrick.ohly at intel.com
Fri Sep 9 07:34:22 UTC 2016

Hello!

As discussed in a private mail thread a while ago (three years ago, to
the day - how time flies), I'm testing SyncEvolution against
owndrive.com and report problems by sending emails like this one here.

One problem I noticed this week is that the GEO property in vCards gets
mangled by the server. I've not tested for a while, so I can't say when
this problem first appeared.

PUT /remote.php/carddav/addressbooks/pohly/contacts/syuid817417.212340052360009.vcf HTTP/1.1
GEO:30.12;-130.34

It comes back as:

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:3.0
PRODID:-//ownCloud//NONSGML Contacts 0.5.0.0//EN
GEO:30.12\;-130.34

GEO is a "A single structured value consisting of two float values
separated by the SEMI-COLON character (ASCII decimal
59)." (https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2426#section-3.4.2), so escaping
the semi-colon like this is wrong.

--
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly